- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / Fan 160ºC / Gas Mark 42.
- Grease a fluted bundt cake tin, alternatively you can use two greased and lined 20cm spring form cake tins. This will produce a more traditional cake.
- Set up the large work bowl of the Expert Prep Pro with the large chopping/mixing blade. Place the butter and sugar in the bowl and process on high until creamy.
- Add the eggs through the feed tube one by one, processing between each addition.
- Add the vanilla essence, cinnamon and nutmeg. Process to combine.
- Add the flour, ground almonds and baking powder. Process until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the cake mixture into the cake tin(s) and smooth the batter until level.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes until the cake is golden brown on top and a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to rest for a moment in the tin(s) before turning out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
Make the clementine cream by softly whipping the cream with the icing sugar, clementine zest and juice using the whisk attachment of the hand blender. If using traditional spring form tins the clementine cream can be used between the sponges.
Decorate the cake with berries, chopped pistachios and lightly dust with icing sugar.