1) Soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes.
2) Roast the mixed nuts for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 180ºC Fan /200ºC until smelling fragrant. Pulse briefly in the Mini Prep Pro food processor to break them down slightly. Place in a large mixing bowl.
3) Drain the dates and add to the Mini Prep Pro food processor and blend until jammy. Add the almond butter, syrup, coconut oil and almond essence and process until fully combined and smooth.
4) Add the date mixture to the nuts along with the seeds and oats and use a spoon and your hands to bring the mix together.
5) Transfer the mix to a lined baking dish or tray (roughly 20 x 17 cm) and press down firmly to compact the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6) Once the Roasted Nut Granola Bars are set, cut into 12 bars and keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.