2 tbsp vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
½ tbsp vanilla extract
Pinch of fine salt
125g rolled jumbo oats
20g sunflower seeds
20g pumpkin seeds
20g dried cranberries
20g chopped dates
Honey to drizzle
4 ripe plums, halved with stone removed
1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- Open the Cuisinart Griddle & Grill to its flat open position. Place one side with the grill plate and the other with the flat griddle plate.
- Heat the plates to 180ºC.
3) Combine the oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt.
4) In a separate bowl combine the oats, nuts, seeds, dried fruits and cinnamon.
5) Pour the combined oil and maple syrup mixture over the oat mixture and mix well.
6) Scatter the oat mixture evenly over the flat griddle plate. As the oats begin to brown gently turn the granola to give an even golden colour. Drizzle a little honey over the granola as it is cooking.
7) Remove when the granola has reached your desired colour.
8) Toss the halved plums in a bowl with the dark brown sugar.
9) Place the plums skin side down on one side of the grill plate and cook for about 2 minutes or until the skin starts to caramelise, being careful not to burn. Turn over to cook the flesh side until softened.
Serve with thick greek yoghurt.