Mango & Walnut Chutney (This can be made in advance to improve the flavour)
- Toast the mustard seeds, coriander and crushed cardamom pods in a saucepan for a minute.
- Place the garlic and chili in the Mini Processor and press ‘Chop’ until there are no large pieces remaining, scraping down the sides if necessary.
- Place all the ingredients (except for the walnuts) into the saucepan with the toasted spices and cook over a low heat for around 30 to 40 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place the walnuts in the processor and press ‘Grind’ until well ground.
- Mix the processed walnuts into the cooled chutney.
- Refrigerate until required.
Mint and lemon raita
- Place all the ingredients together in the Mini Processor.
- Press ‘Grind’ until all of the ingredients combine together to make a very smooth sauce.
- Reserve and refrigerate.
- Cut the cucumber length ways into quarters and remove the core with a teaspoon. Discard the pips and roughly chop the cucumber. Place in the Mini Processor and press ‘Chop’ until there are no large pieces remaining. Transfer to a bowl.
- Peel the red onion and cut into quarters. Place in the Mini Processor and press ‘Chop’ until there are no large pieces remaining. Transfer into the bowl with the cucumber.
- Place the herbs into the Mini Processor and press ‘Chop’ until there are no large pieces remaining. Transfer into the bowl with the cucumber and onions.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters removing the core. Place into the Mini Processor and quickly blitz using the ‘Chop’ function. Mix in with the other chopped ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the salad and season to taste.
- Cut the monkfish into 24 long strips.
- Place the remaining ingredients in the bowl of the Mini Processor. Close and secure the lid, then press ‘Grind’ until the marinade is completely combined.
- Pour the marinade over the monkfish strips, ensuring all the fish are well coated. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Skewer the marinated fish, using 3 monkfish strips per skewer.
- Using a very hot grill pan, grill for 4 min on each side.
- Serve warm.